- Make sure all water has been drained from the engine
- Apply corrosion protection in and around your engine and compartment
- Consult your owner’s manual for specific instructions, and complete fogging, if needed
- Add a fuel-stabilizing additive (Seafoam, Star Tron, Sta-Bil) to your fuel system; then run the engine
- Change your engine’s fuel filters and any fuel/water separators in the system
- Drain your boat’s freshwater plumbing systems (sinks, tanks, built-in coolers and heads)
- Add antifreeze to your plumbing systems
- Ensure water is removed from all additional systems (raw water washdowns, livewells, bilges, etc.)
- Remove drain plugs and store them in the same place on the boat each season. Same for boat keys!
- Don’t winter over foods or beverages, they may attract nuisance animals
- Consider removing damp lines, life jackets, clothing, towels- anything that might mildew or mold
- Cover/shrink wrap and place in indoor storage or a protected area outdoors
Powerboat Services offers the area’s best winter services package. Trust us to get your boat ready for the upcoming cold weather, and we will be around next Spring to get your boat ready for the water!
Call us at (518) 598-3091 or contact us using the contact form on this page.